You know, I had never had a smoothie bowl until I made this one the other day.
I’ve had a lot of smoothies but not a smoothie…in a bowl.
But, apparently smoothie bowls are all the rage, so I obviously had to give it a try while I have all of this time in quarantine.
Just like smoothies, smoothie bowls are what you make of them. Literally.
You can mix whatever fruits you want in it – along with milk or yogurt, of course – and it’ll probably turn out just fine. But in this post, I’ll just share the first one I decided to try.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup Milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- A handful of Oats
- 1 Banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Nut Butter (I used peanut butter because it’s all I had)
& the process is the easiest:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth
- Serve in a bowl or cup (I know it’s called a bowl, but I understand the urge to drink a smoothie from a cup…if that’s more natural to you, go for it)
- Top with any extra blueberries or oats or peanut butter (or all of that) and take a mouthwatering photo to share with the world
- Scoop (or slurp) & enjoy!
This smoothie bowl was actually delicious!
But next time, I’m going to add less milk and more greek yogurt to make it thicker (so that eating it from a bowl makes more sense).
Are you a fan of smoothie bowls?
Let me know what you like to put in yours in the comments below!