I recently discovered Kodiak Cakes.
And I must say, I’m a big fan.
Matthew & I have been making Kodiak Cakes pancakes nearly every weekend of quarantine – and we don’t feel so bad because they’re protein-filled and whole wheat (at least that’s what we tell ourselves).
But this post isn’t about the pancakes (although I know they look delicious, right?).
This post is actually about one of the other recipes on the Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix box: the berry muffins.
Muffins are definitely one of my most guilty pleasures.
I usually opt for the extra chocolatey chip muffins or the blueberry ones with a bunch of brown sugar on top. It’s like eating a cupcake for breakfast.
But because I’m on this health kick, I decided to try enjoying my guilty pleasure another way: a healthier way with Kodiak Cakes.
So, here’s what you need for a dozen of these tasty fellas:
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle mix
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (can also use honey or maple syrup)
- 1 ripe, mashed banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup berries (I used fresh blueberries & strawberries)
- A handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)
After you’ve gathered the above ingredients, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (375 for high altitude)
- Line muffin tin with muffin cups or spray cooking spray in pan
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth
- Fill muffin cups evenly (about 3/4 full each)
- Bake muffins for about 16 – 18 minutes until the tops start turning golden
- Remove, cool slightly, and enjoy w/ maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
I must say, these muffins were not as good as the pancakes I’ve made with Kodiak Cakes. However, they were still very delicious (Matthew agrees).
* OH and leftovers with a quick microwave heat and topped with maple syrup are perfect any time of day (as shown below) *
Next time, I may try making them with just bananas and dark chocolate chips – kinda like choco chip banana bread in muffin form!
Are you a Kodiak Cakes fan?
Have you tried any fun recipes with them? Share in the comments below!
One Comment Add yours