We finally made our own eggrolls and they were super simple and delicious!
We planned to make about 10 eggrolls between the two of us…little did we know that the eggroll wrapper pack we bought had over 20 wrappers.
So my one disclaimer here is if you’re going to make eggrolls, make sure you have plenty of filling for the amount of rolls you’ll actually end up making (or prepare to get creative like we did).
Here’s what we used for ~10 eggrolls:
- 10 eggroll wrappers (can find this in the refrigerated section at any grocery store)
- 1 bag of Asian slaw (you can find this in the salad section at just about any grocery store)
- 1 pack of Tofu
- Hot sauce and/or cayenne
- Soy sauce, duck sauce, whatever you want to dip ’em in!
& here’s how we made them:
- Prepare the tofu by chopping it into small pieces and cooking it with your choice of spice / sauce on the stove
- Mix in cooked tofu pieces with Asian slaw, hot sauce and/or cayenne in a bowl
- Place an eggroll wrapper on a plate
- Spread water over the wrapper with your fingers
- Place slaw mix on wrapper and roll it up. Then, fold sides in to complete the roll
- Repeat the above 3 steps for all egg wrappers
- Once all of the eggrolls are prepped, place on stove pan on medium heat
- Cook on each side of roll until each side of the roll is grilled
- Enjoy with your choice of sauce
As I said, the wrappers we bought actually gave us over 20 rolls…so we had to get creative with whatever we could find in our pantry and fridge.
I am not kidding when I say we were munching on Asian-style eggrolls (from the above recipe), Mexican eggrolls, AND breakfast burrito eggrolls for 2 weeks. And they were all delicious!
Basically, whatever you stuff in your eggrolls, it’s hard to go wrong.
Leave a comment below to let me know what type of eggroll you end up going with!