When Matthew & I were back in Georgia, we made a delicious appetizer – inspired by Tasty – for our very laid-back New Years Eve with my parents. This was before our health kick, so it definitely was not the healthiest choice, but goodness, they were too good not to share.
I call them pizza biscuits, because they are literally pizzas in biscuit form.
Here’s what you need for about 24 pizza biscuits:
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
- 1/2 block (4 oz) of pepperjack cheese, cubed (mozzarella cheese works too)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 24 pepperonis
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
& here’s how you make them:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pull apart Pillsbury biscuits and cut each biscuit in half
- In the middle of each halved biscuit, create indent with your thumb; then, place 1 tbsp of marinara sauce, 1 pepperoni, and 1 cube of pepperjack cheese in the indent of each biscuit
- Fold sides of the biscuit over middle ingredients and pinch at top to seal before flipping biscuit over to other side and placing on greased pan(s), 1 to 2 inches apart
- For the garlic sauce, melt the butter in a medium-sized bowl; then, add garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and stir until well-mixed
- With a brush, coat biscuits in garlic sauce
- Place biscuits in oven for 11 to 15 minutes or until golden-brown
- Remove from oven & let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying. I recommend using a fork because these biscuits can be messy!
Oozing with cheese & marinara sauce, these biscuits are truly delicious. Plus, the garlic sauce adds the extra kick you need to complete them.
Give them a try & let me know what you think!